Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"We got dollars now?"

I was at our local "small town" grocery store with my two children 6 and 3. Needless to say with our current economy, money has been tight. My youngest has been asking for new clothes or toys lately, and all I tell her is Mommy doesn't have any dollars right now. So back to my "small town" grocery store: picture the checkout packed with people you know. I had gotten some money and had a full basket of much needed groceries. I was putting them on the belt when my 3 year old realized what was going on. She says in her loudest, most excited voice, "Mommy we got dollars now?" I tried to laugh off the situation, but she just kept yelling "Mommy we got dollars now? We got money?" Everyone around could hear and they couldn't help laughing at the obviously embarrassing moment. I was mortified!

-Submitted by Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment